Monday, July 19, 2004

O Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz?

"My friends all have Porsches I must make amends"

What is a budding blogger to do? Many of my blog addicted friends are making the jump to TypePad, or started there in the first place. Mike, my big brother has known nothing else, and now Alison has moved over there.

I have become comfortable with Blogger, for the most part. My major quibble with it is the handling of images and the need to host them elsewhere. The lack of Trackbacks is another thing I don't like. But it is, after all, free.

TypePad, on the other hand, is the Mercedes-Benz of blogging tools. I have used it quite a bit while guest blogging at my brother's place. And it isn't all that expensive, considering what you get.

Decisions, decisions.

Stay tuned my faithful readers (there are more than one of you out there, aren't there?).

EDIT: Well, it appears I have at least 2 faithful readers. I'm so relieved.

2 comments:

bothenook said...

yes there are. i don't have any problems with blogspot. i use photobucket for image storage, and i learned html years ago when i first started my web site. so, it all boils down to what? cost? ease of use? number of times you really need the typepad stuff vs. the times you just want to post verbage? for now, i'm sticking to blogspot. i find it easy to use. and i'm getting a lot of practice updating the template, trying to follow you guys around the web with new addresses!

Alison said...

Just do it. You know you want to.